Patchogue-Medford School District Protocols:
Information Regarding COVID-19:
- If your child is sick, please keep them home from school and contact a medical provider if necessary.
The New York State Department of Health Requires the following for individuals who test positive for COVID-19:
Individuals who test positive for COVID-19 must isolate for a minimum of five days, where day 0 is the day of symptom onset or if asymptomatic, the test date.
- Isolation ends after 5 full days if the individual is fever free for 24 hours without the use of fever-reducing medication and other symptoms improve.
- Individuals returning from isolation are encouraged to mask in school on days 6-10.
Students who have COVID-19 Symptoms:
- Suffolk County Department of Health recommends testing of symptomatic individuals.
- If a student is sent home with COVID-19 symptoms, the District will offer a COVID-19 Test Kit to the parent/guardian picking up their child.
- Symptomatic students who are not tested must be excluded from school until they are fever-free for at least 24 hours without the use of fever-reducing medication and other symptoms are improving.
All other guidance from the New York State Department of Health are RECOMMENDATIONS (not required).
- Masks - Mask wearing is optional for all students and staff.
- Quarantine - Individuals do not need to quarantine if exposed to COVID-19.
- Additional resources and information can be located on the Suffolk County Department of Health (SCDOH) and New York State Department of Health (NYSDOH) websites.
Please contact the Health Office at your child’s school to report a positive Covid case.