Why Choose CTE?
- Hands-on/minds-on learning
- Interdisciplinary learning
- Authentic problem solving
- Industry partnerships
- Early career experiences
- Increased graduation rates
- Career and college readiness
- Equity for underserved students
- Student motivation and engagement
- Academic and technical proficiency
- Creativity, critical thinking, problem-solving, communication
- CTE programs allow students to earn cost-free industry certifications. Certifications provide students with a competitive advantage over their job-seeking peers after graduation. CTE offers the skills and training needed to pass certification exams and covers the costs associated with the exam, saving parents thousands of dollars.
- CTE programs give students the opportunity to connect with potential employers. Students meet industry professionals who can help with their future career goals. They also participate in work-based learning activities and field trips.
- CTE is a College Prep program. CTE programs not only allow students to earn college credits while in high school through dual enrollment but can also reduce the overall cost of post-secondary education because students can earn college credits for the CTE coursework completed in high school.
- CTE is STEAM. CTE programs incorporate science, technology, engineering, arts and mathematics, using an interdisciplinary approach in each of their respected fields of study.
- CTE also provides students with 21st Century transferable skills. These vital skills are necessary both in the workforce and in post-secondary education (communication, critical thinking, computer skills, teamwork, etc.).