Elementary School Full In-Person Model or Students Opting for Full Remote
Teacher Work Day
The teacher work day will be from 8:25am – 3:37pm, effective November 30, 2020
Extra-Help Sessions/Professional Development Period (PDP)
- Extra-help will take place on Tuesday and Thursday of each week from 8:25am - 8:55am. Extra-help will be conducted in-person.
Office hours will be held 30-minutes before or after a teacher’s work day on Wednesday of each week. Teachers must post office hours on their TEAMs page. Additionally, a master list of Office Hours will be posted on each building’s website.
9:25 AM – 10:10 AM
10:10 AM – 10:55 AM
10:55 AM – 11:40 AM
11:40 AM – 12:25 PM
12:25 PM – 1:10 PM
1:10 PM – 1:55 PM
1:55 PM – 2:40 PM
2:40 PM – 3:25 PM
Option #1 Student Schedule- Full In-Person
- Students in grades K-5 will receive instruction five (5)-days per week in-person. Students follow the schedule listed above.
In-person In-person In-person
Option #2 Student Schedule- Full Remote
- Full Remote will be 3-days of synchronous instruction during scheduled blocks of time and 2-days per week of asynchronous instruction.
Remote Learning will include:
- Synchronous and asynchronous instruction.
- Small group and whole group instruction.
- Whole group instruction: two 1-hour blocks 2-days per week and one 45-minute block 1-day per week.
- Small group instruction will focus on reading, writing and math. An example of small group instruction may include, but is not limited to, guided reading, watching and discussing a video, a follow-up mini-lesson on a specific topic, or have students perform/engage in an activity or a specific task. Small group instruction is another opportunity for teachers to assess and clearly identify what students have already learned or need additional support in. Small group instruction will be assigned by the classroom teacher.
- Scheduled synchronous and asynchronous instruction with special area teachers. Times will be scheduled by individual teachers.
- Additional instructional experiences (asynchronous) will be given in Math, ELA, Science, Social Studies and SEL. Additional instructional activities may include, but are not limited to: completing online tasks; viewing instructional videos; responding to posts from his/her teacher; conducting research; engaging in online discussions with the classroom teacher; or completion of projects.
As per the NYSED Reopening Guidance documents substantial equivalent instruction may include but is not limited to: meaningful and frequent interaction with a certified teacher; completing online work/tasks assigned by the teachers; viewing instructional videos; responding to posts or instructor questions; engaging with others class participants in an online or phone discussion; conducting research; doing projects; or meeting with a teacher with an instructor face to face, via an online platform or phone. Any alternative instructional experiences must include meaningful feedback on-student assignments and methods of tracking student engagement.