Elementary School Hybrid Plan
Teacher work day
*Since Wednesday is a full remote day, teachers will be given the option of working on-site or at home. We will accommodate teachers who would rather report to his/her class to deliver live instruction. However, should there be a need to require teachers to report to work for a scheduled PDP, they will be given a week’s notice.
Wednesday Extra-Help/PDP Sessions
Office hours will be held only on Wednesday. Teachers can hold office hours from 7:30 am – 8:00 am or from 3:12 pm to 3:52 pm.
Additional instructional minutes will be delivered remotely through alternative instructional experience to meet the mandated instructional minutes.
Student Hybrid Schedule
- Cohorts will receive instruction two (2)-days per week in-person
- Cohorts will receive instruction three (3)-days per week remotely
The elementary schedule is designed to maximize core instructional time when students are onsite noted in the sample schedule below. The content blocks may be split to incorporate brain breaks, projects, games and other activities to allow for movement and support student engagement.
- 120 minutes of English Language Arts
- 90 minutes of Math
- 30 minutes Social/Emotional Learning (SEL)
- 40 minutes Science or Social Studies
In addition, students will participate in the following:
- Students will have lunch/recess and specials on days they attend on site (20-minute lunch in class or outside/20-minute recess in class or outside and a 40-minute special). The lunch/recess period will be monitored by part time aides as assigned by building principals.
- Students will receive the full complement of specials including Physical Education, Art, Music and Library over a three-week rotation. For instance, week 1 may consist of Physical Education and Art, and week 2 may consist of Physical Education and Music, etc. Students will receive additional specials during the remote days, and they may be a combination of live “virtual” lessons and posted activities.
- On Wednesday, the remote learning day for both Cohorts, teachers will be providing sixty (60) minutes of “live” virtual extra help and ninety (90) minutes of “live” virtual check-in with both Cohort 1 and Cohort 2 for instruction at the teacher’s discretion.
In-Person Instruction will include:
-Math -Science -Social Studies
-Additional academic support services (reading, math, Resource Room and ENL)
- When students are not in school, remote learning will be a combination of synchronous and asynchronous instruction.
- Additional instructional experiences will be given in Math, ELA, Science, Social Studies and SEL. Additional instructional activities may include, but are not limited to: completing online tasks; viewing instructional videos; responding to posts from his/her teacher; conducting research; engaging in online discussions with the classroom teacher; or completion of projects. All activities will be posted on Wednesday.
Sample Elementary Student Schedule:
Sample Teacher Schedule
Sample Schedule for Specials
As per the NYSED Reopening Guidance documents substantial equivalent instruction may include but is not limited to: meaningful and frequent interaction with a certified teacher; completing online work/tasks assigned by the teachers; viewing instructional videos; responding to posts or instructor questions; engaging with others class participants in an online or phone discussion; conducting research; doing projects; or meeting with a teacher with an instructor face to face, via an online platform or phone. Any alternative instructional experiences must include meaningful feedback on-student assignments and methods of tracking student engagement.