Middle School (6-8)
- Students at the middle school will follow their hybrid 6-period day plus specials. Times will be adjusted when on full remote learning.
An extra special will be scheduled during period 3, 4, or 5 during the day for students to select from
- Specials will be done on an A/B day rotation based on the A-day/B-day schedule that will be developed should we move to full remote learning. This schedule will be posted on the middle schools web-pages and all teachers Schoology page.
*asynchronous learning day
- Full remote learning will include a combination of synchronous and asynchronous learning experiences.
- Synchronous full class meetings (Cohort 1 and Cohort 2) will be conducted Monday, Tuesday, Thursday and Friday. The duration of each class meetings will be 36 minutes.
- Asynchronous learning will take place on Wednesday. Students will not be required to log-in for live instruction. Instructional experiences on Wednesday may include, but not limited to, completing live instruction with the classroom teacher, online tasks, viewing instructional videos, responding to posts from his/her teacher, conducting research, meeting with a teacher for additional supports face-to-face, engaging in online discussions with the classroom teacher or completion of project.
Special Education Services
- Students who receive Resource Room will receive 180 minutes weekly of synchronous instruction and 20 minutes of asynchronous instruction.
- All special education Related Services will be provided synchronously as indicated by the frequency and duration as indicated on a student’s IEP.
Extra-Help, Professional Development and Office Hours
- On full remote learning a teacher work day will be from 8:00 am – 3:12 pm.
- Extra-help will be scheduled on the following days from 8:00 am – 8:30 am:
*Support Staff which included guidance counselors, social workers and school psychologists are available Monday- Friday to support students. Students can email support staff to set-up a time to meet any time between 8:00 am and 3:12 pm.
- Professional Development for teachers will be scheduled from 8:00 am – 8:30 am on the days that they are not scheduled for extra-help.
- Teachers are required to conduct office hours one day per week for 30 minutes. Office hours will remain the same day as when on a hybrid model and will be posted on each teacher’s Schoology page.