UNIVERSAL PRE-KINDERGARTEN PROGRAM
Who is eligible?
- Any child who resides in the Patchogue-Medford School District and who is four years old on or before December 1, 2020.
- Child must attend all five days for the entire school year for 2 ½ hours per day.
When and where can I obtain an application?
- All applications must be completed using the Online Registration Form. Once completing the Online Registration Form please contact Central Registration to schedule an appointment to complete the process.
- Central Registration is located at Saxton Middle School in the Pupil Personnel Service Office located at, 121 Saxton Street, Patchogue, NY. The entrance and parking for this office is located behind Saxton Middle School. To ensure that all families have sufficient time they need to complete the process, appointments must be scheduled. Please call Central Registration at 631-687-6430 in order to set up your appointment. UPK appointments will begin on Wednesday, May 6, 2020.
Will my child be enrolled in the program upon receipt of my application?
No. Since the program is grant funded there is a limited number of children that can be served. If there are more eligible children in a given year than openings in the program a lottery will be held in early June. If a lottery is necessary, all applications received between May 6 through May 31 will be included in the lottery and selected randomly.
When will I receive notification that my child was accepted?
- Letters of notification of acceptance will be mailed by the end of June.
District requirements for registration:
- Birth certificate
- Physician’s verified proof of immunization
- Proof of residence
- Proof of lead poisoning testing (if available).
Can I select the building and session my child will attend?
- Pre-K will take place at various elementary schools based on building space availability.
Transportation is not provided for this program.
For further information about the program, contact the Assistant Superintendent for Instruction, Lori Cannetti at (631) 687-6350; and for further information about registration call the Central Registration Office at (631) 687-6430.