Student Teacher/Student Intern/Student Observer Guidelines
Thank you for your interest in completing your student teaching/student intern/student observer experience in the Patchogue-Medford School District. Our district is committed to assisting the next generation of educators and indoctrinating them to our whole child philosophy.
All requests are to be initiated by the College/University and must be directed to email@example.com using the Request for Student Placement form below. We will not accept requests submitted directly from students.
In order to process any requests, please follow the steps below:
- College/University placement advisors must submit the Request for Placement form (noted below) with the college guidelines on College/University letterhead as they relate to your school program to firstname.lastname@example.org. Requests received directly from students will not be honored.
- After the request is received from the College/University, the Patchogue-Medford Office for Human Resources will send an application along with a list of required documents to the student teacher/intern/observer to complete.
- All applications and required documentation must be received within two weeks of receipt of the application. Failure to meet this timeframe will result in the application not being considered. All correspondence should be emailed to email@example.com.
Please be mindful that Patchogue-Medford places an inordinate amount of students from across Long Island and throughout New York State. Subsequently, we have limited placements available, and these are honored on a first-come-first-served basis.
Important Deadlines - At this time, we are not accepting applications for Spring 2019. We will begin the application process again on April 1, 2019 for the Fall 2019 semester.
Each semester, there will be a deadline for student teacher/Intern/observer placements.
- The deadline for Fall 2019 student teacher placement is June 1, 2019.
- The deadline for student observer/fieldwork placements is June 14, 2019.
I hope that this is helpful information and that this procedure will speed up the paperwork process. If you have any questions, please feel free to call the Office for Human Resources at 631-687-6340. Thank you in advance for your patience and cooperation.