Welcome to a new and exciting school year! I am thrilled to be teaching your child this year! First grade is a time of blossoming independence and important transitions. We will continue to polish our reading, writing and math skills as well as learn many new and exciting things.
It will be important for us to work as a team to ensure success! I hope to make the learning experience exciting and fun. With your help, I look forward to instilling a love of learning in your child that will last a lifetime!
Here’s how you can help:
- Celebrate your child’s success.
- Keep your child enthusiastic about learning!
- Have your child share everything they bring home with you.
- Read everyday with your child.
- Talk to your child to build language skills.
- Talk positively about school.
- Have supplies and a supply area readily available.
- Encourage writing and reading as well as math skills daily.
More information will follow as the year progresses as well as on “Meet the Teacher” night. Please remember to send important letters to school in marked envelopes and review your child’s mail folder daily. You may send in 1 healthy snack and a water bottle everyday.
If your child is absent, please either call the school at 687-8300 or send a note in the following day to explain the absence. I expect your child to attend each day unless they are sick. PLEASE try to schedule appointments and vacations around the school calendar. Your child will miss a lot of important instruction when he/she is not here every day.
Please contact me if you have any questions or concerns.
Please allow a 24-hour turn around for non-emergency concerns.
Medford Elementary School 687-8300
I am so excited about the great year we are going to have!