School Closing Information
Winter weather may present a number of challenges to normal operation of schools. A number of procedures are in place in order to insure that families receive accurate information about changes to school schedules due to inclement weather or other emergencies. Please refer to the information below for helpful reminders about school schedule changes.
*Reminder: The best source of information regarding changes to school schedules is telephone and e-mail notification, the district website, the district school closing line, and local media. Please do not call schools.
Delayed Openings and School Closings Reminders
Sources of Information:
Up-to-date information regarding changes in school schedules due to inclement weather or other emergencies can be found by accessing the following sources:
- Patchogue-Medford Main School Closing Info Line- 631-687-6400
- TV Channel 12 News or www.News12.com
- Newsday www.newsday.com
- WALK (97.5 FM, 1370 AM) www.walkradio.com
- WBLI (106.1 FM)
- WBAB (102.3 FM)
- WHLI (1100 AM)
- WBZO (103.1 FM)
- WIGX (94.3FM)
These sources are updated frequently to reflect any changes in status.
Do not call schools directly for information. These calls tie up phone lines which need to remain open for emergencies and normal business operations.
A/B Day Schedule does not change due to school closings.
Two Hour Delayed School Start Time
In the event of a delayed opening, the following will occur:
- Two hours after the normal start time. Students should arrive accordingly.
- Bus Pick-Ups: Two-hour delay - Two hours after the normal pick up time.
- Child Care Program: Will be determined and announced at time of closing
Breakfast will not be served.
Lunch will be served. (Times may be adjusted)
Secondary students should report to their first period class.
Elementary students should report to their regular classroom.
- Dismissal: Normal time schedule.
- Morning Pre-K will be canceled.
- Morning BOCES will be canceled.
In the event of an early closing, the following will occur:
- Dismissal: Walkers and bus students will be dismissed at the announced time. Parents and guardians should develop alternate after-school plans for their children if needed.
- After school and evening activities will be cancelled.
- Child Care Program: Regular Hours unless otherwise announced