Frequently Asked Questions

  • FAQ's:

    Q: My event is less than 30 days away. What do I do?

    A: In accordance with Board of Education Policy 1330 – Community Use of School Facilities, requests less than 30 days away should be made in writing to the Superintendent of Schools. Please forward these requests to the Business Office for consideration (via email at, so they can be reviewed by the Superintendent in a timely fashion. 

    Q: I would like to have food at my event, but I am not sure if I need a Suffolk County Department of Health Food Service Permit. Who can I contact?

    A: Please call Daniel Erwin in Food Service at 631-687-6525 or email with any questions.

    Q: What if there is inclement weather on the date of my outdoor event?

    A: When booking your outdoor event, you should book a separate building use for an alternate indoor space. If you would like to utilize the indoor space, inform the school building Main Office 24 hours in advance so arrangements can be made with custodial for your set-up needs.

    Q: Do I need a valid insurance policy to book an event?

    A: Yes, use of District facilities will only be permitted where the organization provides the District timely evidence of adequate minimum insurance coverage ($1,000,000 per occurrence/$3,000,000 aggregate). The District must be listed as an additional insured.

    Q: I tried to book my event, but the space is not available. Who can I contact to find a space that is comparable in size?

    A: Contact the Main Office in the building you would like to have your event. They can assist you in finding a comparable space to book.

    Q. If I need help with something not mentioned above, who can I contact for assistance?

    A. You can receive assistance in ML Schedules by selecting 'Help', then 'Contact Administrator' with any questions you may have regarding your event.